The Travel Partner Checklist #squadgoals
Summer is quickly approaching! Now, you know what that means... Trips. Trips with friends, partners family etc. but before you book a getaway with your crew make sure you guys will travel well together!
Here is a guide to make sure your Travel Squad equals a dope vacation!
1. Similar Interests- I like to think there are different types of travelers: The Turn Up Crew,those that love to party and experience the nightlife of the places he/she is visiting.
The Foodie, the lover of all things cuisine and wants to hit up every restaurant wherever they go.
The Sightseer, the person who loves to check out museums, landmarks etc.
Adventure Seeker the have to climb to talest mountain or skydive off the highest building.
Lastly the wanderluster the best of all,l a conglomerate of the above characteristics.
Whoever you travel with has to want to do the same things as you or else it makes planning and scheduling itineraries extremist difficult and will cause a conflict of interest.
2. Same trip goals-
What is the overall experience you want out of the trip?
Relaxation, culture etc ? This leads back to the first point before choosing a travel partner make sure you both want to same experience and have interest in the same locations.
3. Lifestyle Patterns-If you're not a morning person, you probably wouldn't enjoy traveling with someone who gets up 7am to start their day of sightseeing. Travel with someone who has similar habits as you or at least habits you admire. Im not a morning person but I'm very active on vacation so I love traveling with an earl bird since it motivates me to get up early.
4. Flexibility- You have to travel with someone that's willing to be flexible and change plans. Situations arise, for example,your excursion to the Atlas Mountains had to be rebooked to due in climate weather. You want to be traveling with someone who can help make the inconvenience less inconvenient when you are able to work together and make the best of the day.
5. Significant Other - Famous Actor Comedian Bill Murray said, "If you have someone that you think is The One, don't do… don’t just sort of think in your ordinary mind, 'Okay, let's make a date. Let's plan this and make a party and get married.' Take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world, and go to places that are hard to go to and hard to get out of. And if when you come back to JFK, when you land in JFK, and you're still in love with that person, get married at the airport.”
Traveling with a significant other is great because it lets you learn if this person is in it for the long haul with you and because if the special advantages and disadvantages that arise while traveling you must think quickly and it allow you to get greater insight on your significant others personality.
6. Maturity- Make sure the person you are traveling with is capable of handling emergency situations and can stay calm. When traveling abroad you don't know what obstacles you may face but you must be prepared.
PS. Currently in Dubai, can't wait to start writing about my experience!
#squadgoals and post a pic on Instagram to be featured on latitudeandavenue's instagram page.